Secure pop?

I'm in the processes of setting up a mail server (OpenBSD) for my office.
After I showed the people in charge how easy it is to get passwords, they
want to stay away from pop. However, they still want to use outlook express
and netscape to read their email.  Is there a way to make popd communicate
through a secure channel (or even imapd for that matter)?  I see some
commercial products have this capability, but it is a much easier sell if
the cost is low.  Thanks for any info.

Aaron Jackson