Re: Bridge

Steven Stanfield <stanfield@scarecrowtech.com> writes:
> Seems to get tricky when you
> try to use it with ipfilter.  Perhaps I\'m just missing
> something but it appears to not use the out rules for a
> bridged interface at all(in rules still seem to take).

You're right.  The out filters are not used right now.
All of the real "work" is done on input (figuring out
if the packet needs to be bridged, filtering, etc).

I've been looking at rewriting bridge_filter() to
avoid the copy/delete, and I suspect many of the
interactions with ipf and the bridge will be fixed
once that happens.

--Jason Wright