inet_ntoa() problem on VI powerpc

Has anyone out there installed OpenBSD on a PowerPC platform?
We are running 2.5 on a VI VME PowerPC-4E and trying to port
some old UNIX code.   We didn't get too far...

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
main() {
unsigned long tmp;
tmp =  inet_addr("100.0.0.1");
printf("Hex addr: %x\n",tmp);
printf("IP addr: %s\n",inet_ntoa(tmp));
}

'Make' complains of an 'incompatible type for argument 1' being
passed to inet_ntoa().  If I compile using -traditional, the error
goes away, but the program core dumps on the inet_ntoa() call.
This same code works fine on a PC running 2.5.

Any ideas on what might be happening or what include file I need
to add/modify?

Thanks,   Sam G.