Re: bandwidth measurement

Presuming one "outside" interface handling both Internet and
WAN, presuming that the CISCOs don't give separate stats (via
snmp) to each "destination".

Your main issue will be separating data.  MRTG and such simply
read netstats' output (or the same data) and counts packets
since the last read.

One hack might be to set up a second "outside" NIC with a
different IP and different (duh) ARP address (does OpenBSD allow
"ifconfig le2 ether 8:0:20:xx:yy:zz"?).  Then you have two
interfaces to read from.  One interface handles WAN traffic, one
handles Internet traffic.  Count each separately.

IPSec is easy this way as well (you measure the IPSec
'interface' separately.

Otherwise you have to figure out which packet is associated with
which usage. non-trivial at a quick glance.

Quoting Ryan Permeh (rrpermeh@rconnect.com):