Re: PPP over TCP

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Tony Sarendal wrote:

> Is there a way to run PPP over TCP in oBSD ?
>
> I know performance will monumentaly suck, I just need
> to know if the oBSD PPP supports it. I'll be even happier
> if someone has done it and is willing to give a pointer or two.

Not as far-fetched as you might think: a local ADSL provider here (Bell
Sympatico) is forcing all their customers to run PPP over TCP.
Yes, it monumentally sucks.

Ciao
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca/
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/