Re: ypserv core dump

Hi,

Most of us on misc@openbsd.org really don't appreciate receiving core files
in our mail boxes.  All they do is waste an incredible amount of bandwidth.

Also, I guess you didn't realize that ypserv would, as a matter of course,
have portions of the maps it was serving in it's memory.  And now those
map portions, including many of your own encrypted passwords and usernames,
are sitting in many hundred of people's email boxes, just waiting for the
mildly curious to run strings(1) on the core file that you've so kindly
mailed to them.

I certainly hope none of your machines are directly connected to the
Internet.

--
Jason Downs
downsj@downsj.com