ypserv core dump

Hi,

I've been running OpenBSD on Pentium II 450MHz as our file server, as well
as NIS server for about half year.  However, in the past couple of weeks,
the YP server has been dropped a few core dumps, one of which I put in the
attachment.

Since YP server was not compiled with -g, gdb is not very helpful. I've
just installed a ypserv with -g compiled, maybe I can get another core
dump in a few days.

I didn't change anything on the NIS server, except we have more and more
LAN users. Is it possible that the YP server can not handle the load, or
some limit is too small for a LAN of more than 20 users? A 20-user-LAN is
quite a small one.  Is it a known bug, or I'm just the unlucky one.

I'm running OpenBSD 2.5, but not current.  Thanks.

Cindy Ding

ypserv.core.gz