Re: Timezone configuration

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 02:54:26AM -0600, Todd C. Miller wrote:

First of all, thanks for all the help everyone...

> You can build a custom kernel with the TIMEZONE (and possibly DST)
> options non-zero.  These should really be documented in options(4)
> but are not.

If someone were to write the appropriate entries, who would one send
them to?

> For instance, if your RTC is on US mountain time
> option	TIMEZONE=420	# time zone to adjust RTC time by
>
> Since MST is 7 hours (420 mins) offset from GMT/UTC.

Okay, well I'm on NZ time (NZST), which is UTC+12, so I put the
following into the options:

TIMEZONE=-720
DST=-60

I'm assuming DST is relative to TIMEZONE.

However, having built the kernel and booted it, my time is now off by
one hour. For example, wall clock time is 1700 hours here, and the
kernel is reporting it as being 1600 hours...

My /etc/localtime is a symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo/NZ.

Have I missed something obvious here? :-)

Thanks again.

--
[   Matthew Gregan   ]                  [ crash.ihug.co.nz/~kinetik ]
[ kinetik@ihug.co.nz ]                  [ PGP key ID: 2048/D1B2FF49 ]