login does unwanted DNS, boot floppy construction

* I have discovered that logging in does some sort of DNS lookup thus causes
dial-on-demand to fire. According to tcpdump, the lookup is not a normal
forward one ('cos tcpdump would print the name) but is aimed at my ISP's DNS
server.
I can see that it contains the text "kerberos-iv" though. What's up and can
I stop it ?

* Are there instructions for how to (dis)assemble boot floppies. It seems to
me that the standard installation floppy's bsd contains a filesystem. Can't
see any pointers in the freebsd handbook either.

        Jon