Re: Re: Kernel: page fault... please answer;)

> On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 04:49:54PM -0300, Ignacio Jose Vidal
wrote:
> > Hi people:
> > I got the following message after booting my i386 box
(running
> > OBSD 2.4):
> > < all the normal dmesg, and then...>
> > Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.
> > /dev/rwd0a: file system is clean; not checking.
> >
> > vm_fault(0xf0a3af00,0,1,0) ->5
> > kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> > stopped at _pmap_changebit+0xd7: andl  0(%edx),%eax
> > ddb>_(blinking cursor)
> >
> > It's the first time I got such a message.
> > What has this to do with the hard disk partitions? I've a
> > 6.4Gb hd, with 40% in it containing 5 partitions (they
are: /;

www.openbsd.org (2.4 it's pretty old)
> do you get that fault always after checking fs?
>
> Marek B.

Actually, I got that messages when system begins all file
system checkings. And I donŽt know if the first file system is
completely tested.
IŽll try all OBSD kernel patches in two or three days...

Thanks a lot
Ignacio

Advance FreeMail, su email en la Web: http://www.topmail.com.ar/