Re: Timezone configuration

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Matthew Gregan wrote:

> I've configured my timezone correctly, but OpenBSD assumes the CMOS
> clock is set to UTC (which it isn't). I can't find any way to tell
> OpenBSD that the CMOS clock is UTC, so I'm currently stuck with a clock

AFAIK, no.  This is really a shortcoming of PC operating systems which have
no concept of UTC and so traditionally have not worried about it.

What you can do is mess with you TZ environment variable (see tzset(3) )
and fake it.

> BTW, what's the name of the program which installs the base files on the
> install disk? I've downloaded some more of the files since then, so I've
> been looking for that program to install them...

Are they packages or file sets?  If they're packages, use pkg_add (also
pkg_info and pkg_delete).  If they're filesets (ie, base25.tar.gz,
xserv25.tar.gz, etc), simply untar them from the root of the filesystem and
they'll find they're way home.
: "I knew it was going to cost me my head and also my swivel chair, but  :
: I thought: What the hell--better men than I have risked their heads    :
: and their swivel chairs for truth and justice." -- James P. Cannon     :
:........... http://www.zweknu.org/ for PGP key and more ................: