Re: ProFTP 1.2.0pre4 patch in CVS tree (terminates on signal 11)

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:50:16 +0200 (CEST)
From: Tor Houghton <torh@bogus.net>
To: Chris Cappuccio <chris@dqc.org>
cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: ProFTP 1.2.0pre4 patch in CVS tree (terminates on signal 11)

I just liked the ability to chroot() every single user, that's
all.. And the config file wasn't so bad either.. Am I a bad person
now? :-}

Tee-hee, I always tell people not to ask questions when they might
not like the answer :-)

("People will choose 'dancing pigs' over Internet security any
day.")

Sigh, that's perfectly true.  It's the typical triumph of style
over content which is prevalent in many areas, not just computing.
However System Administrators who have been under the butcher's
knife a few times tend to take a more jaundiced view of software
which consists of mainly bells and whistles...