Re: Support for alternate authentication

Theo:

Thanks for finally providing some direction.

To those who suggested porting, Theo would prefer to see a decent design and
some newer, better code.  That's a perfectly reasonable approach, considering
the criticality of the pieces we're talking about.

Other than the basic goals of which we're already aware, what kinds of things
would you need to see in a design?  Are we looking at a new (and, therefore,
OpenBSD-specific) mechanism, or would you be content with a better-built
PAM-like mechanism?

We really are asking for guidance so we can *help* (and not cause further
stress for all involved).

Chris -)-----

On Sep 1,  4:37pm, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> Subject: Re: Support for alternate authentication
> > Though we understand that there are dangers, there are many of us out here
who
> > need alternative authentication mechanisms for OpenBSD so that we can
integrate
> > systems into existing environments.  For example, I'd like to include a few
> > OpenBSD systems into a back-end network which is primarily Cisco-based.
 Logins

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services