Re: problem with Postfix port

A note on your other point (sorry I nuked the message already).  If you
don't want to have mail.local be suid, one solution is to deliver as the
user to the user's home directory (ie: ~user/Mailbox or ~user/mbox
depending on your beliefs).

The only real downside to this (other than the fact that programs look
in /var/mail by default) is that you then have to create a home
directory for each user.  It's not necessarily the end of the world; I
did it a couple years ago when I switched to Maildirs and haven't had a
single regret since.

Evan