Re: SNMP

Artur Grabowski <art@stacken.kth.se> wrote:
> > I would recommend going straight to the official source from
> > http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/ucd-snmp/ . The OpenBSD port is very old.
> > The patch file in the OpenBSD port appears to have been integrated into
> > the main distribution nowadays, too.
>
> In the Makefile in every port there is a MAINTAINER field. It's easy
> to look at that field and mail the maintainer that the port is outdated,
> or even better mail him an updated port. sendbug should also work.

It's not a bug. I don't want to hassle a developer for something unless
I have a real need for some assistance. I could spend all day every day
sending in a million sendbugs in search of a perfect world, but I don't
think it would be a sensible thing to do.

> If people would spend one minute on doing sendbug, instead of swearing, when
> they find a bug, the world would be a better place.

Good thing I didn't swear then. Try reading what was written, not what
you expected to be written.

Cheers

Jon
--