Re: 2.4 cd problems

> odd problem. mount /dev/cd0a /cdrom returns
>
> "mount_ffs: /dev/cd0a on /cdrom: Input/output error"
>
> with disc 1. disc 2 works fine. so, i try -t cd9660 and also try
> mount_cd9660 and it's the same results. hmm. any ideas? hope i'm not
> doing something rather stupid here.

is your disk1 CD broken?  it may be; we do get the occasional failure.

try a few times.  i also have a theory that some older drives don't
like how I put 646MB onto a CD (650MB is the limit).  They fail.  In
the same way that some older stereo system CD units failed on long CDs
years ago.

My drive:

cd0 at scsibus0 targ 4 lun 0: <PHILIPS, CDD2600, 1.07> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable

is a bit unhappy.  Sometimes when I put the disk in, the drive doesn't
like to see it.  I tried 5 different CDs.  So I think I've learned my
lesson -- 4 CD release next time.