RE: pmax installation

Nikolay Sturm <sturm@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
> I am trying to install OpenBSD 2.3 on a DecStation 5000/125 but it doesn't
> work. I copied the simpleroot-image to the disk using dd, but when I boot
> (boot 3/rz2/bsd) it comes up with a few kernel messages and then stops:
>
> No crt console device in slot 1
> Using PROM serial output unitl serial drivers initialized
> scc0 at asic0 offset 0x100000 priority 6
> scc1 at asic0 offset 0x180000 priority 5
>
> This is where the booting process stops. Any ideas anyone?

  Are you using a serial console?  If not, then I suspect that your problem
is you are trying to use an unsupported framebuffer card as the console,
and OpenBSD has switched to the serial console when it initializes the
serial driver.  If that is the case, you will either need to connect
a terminal or terminal emulator to the serial port, or you will have to
get a supported framebuffer card for the display.

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA