Re: How to show rawdate in screen default

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 05:51:32PM +0100, Artur Grabowski wrote:
> telnet defaults to negotiate 8 bits right now. For less it's the environment
> variable LESSCHARSET. Others I don't know, but here in Sweden we have
> lots of problems with eight bits.
Programs which are 8-bit aware are not a problem. Other things that rely
on locale for behavior are a larger problem. For instance, col, which is
used in the default pipeline that format X manpages, rely on isgraph()
to determine what's a valid letter, and zaps everything else...
-> until we finally have locales, at least the rune part that deals with
ctype.h (don't care much for the rest myself), this can't work.
--
	Marc Espie