Re: upgrading openbsd

>Many people think that they can simply build 2.4 on top of 2.3.  When
>they do this, guess what, they're doing something even I have not
>done!  Of course I don't do it -- I build 2.3 into 2.4 with about 50
>intermediate steps.

That I can understand -- however there is probably an expectation
(reasonable, I think) that one should be able to go from 2.4 to a 2.4
snapshot without too much grief.  If the changes are dramatic enough
that people will have serious difficulty upgrading, it probably isn't a
snapshot any more :-)

Evan, who did 2.3-release to something post-2.4 and survived :-)