[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SYN cookies
- To: "D. J. Bernstein" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: SYN cookies
- From: Jon Ribbens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:03:59 +0000
- Mail-Followup-To: "D. J. Bernstein" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
"D. J. Bernstein" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I haven't looked at the TCPCOOKIE code, but if it causes compatibility
> problems then it ain't SYN cookies.
> SYN cookies are inherently indistinguishable from any other good method
> of choosing TCP sequence numbers---except that they continue to work
> when the server runs out of memory for PCBs.
I was wondering if you came up with some spec for syncookies and was looking
on your web site for a mailing list archive or specification document but
I couldn't find anything. Is there a document your list produced?
\/ Jon Ribbens / email@example.com