Mouse pointer locks up in XFree86 openBSD 3.2

Hello everybody,

Today I ran into a few cases whereby my mouse pointer freezes in XFree86, my
keyboard keeps working but the mousepointer won't move.
(sony vaio PCG-FX802)
The way to produce this problem is as follows.
I boot my system and xdm get started automatically.
I move to a text input with a ctrl-alt-f1 and log in as root.
I log out again with exit. and then I go back to the X screen with a
ctrl-alt-f5 to find my mouse pointer freezed up.

Is this a known issue, anybody seen it before ?

Regards,

Peter De Muer.