Re: wicontrol question

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 11:09:14 -0400, Bo Byrd wrote...

; My point is that its way easier to do WEP than IPSec, since the guy was
; saying something to the effect of "I haven't got IPSec working yet so
; I'm not even going to bother with WEP right now."  Maybe I misunderstood
; what he was saying.  Regardless, you still should have SOME sort of
; layer2 protection, otherwise anyone could very easily DOS your WLAN by
; poison ARPing all your machines.

Which is exactly the way I think about it.

I rotate my WEP keys weekly, and I strongly believe that

WEP+IPSec is the best solution; not just one nor the other.

-#0