Re: Finding some UPS which works with OpenBSD

Hi!

In lists.openbsd-misc, you wrote:
> I want to buy a UPS system to protect my server machines against power
> faults. My servers run openbsd so I would like to find some UPS system
> which work with openbsd. Looking the mailling list archives I have found
> some info about this topic but no one point me to some good UPS system. My
> question is: is there anyone who is using some UPS system with his openbsd
> machine? I know that exist some package (basically nut) which was created
> to do this kind of things but I would like to know your experiences with
> this topic.

I can definitely recommend NUT, it offers all you would expect for
managing a UPS and more... Although I've not yet attached a UPS
directly to an OpenBSD box, it is linked with a Linux box and
is/was monitored from Solaris, Linux, OpenBSD and MS Windows.

Ciao, Arne.
--
 ,``o. OpenBSD        -        Debian GNU/Linux        -        Solaris  >o)
>( ,c@ GPG 1024D/913C2F81 2000-10-11  Arne P. Boettger <apb@createx.de>  /\\
 ',,,' Fingerprint = 6ED9 9A64 CD8A EB6F D841  0391 2F08 8F86 913C 2F81 _\_V