Re: RTL8139 Cardbus

begin  electrogrammati illius David Given

>I recently bought a PCMCIA ethernet card, only to discover that it
>wasn't supported by OpenBSD 3.0.
>
>This card is an extremely basic RTL8139 in a Cardbus box. OpenBSD seems
>to support only very few Cardbus cards, according to the kernel source.
>However, given that Cardbus is basically just PCI, and the PCI version
>of this card is supported --- the card's even got the right PCI
>vendor/manufacturer ID --- it would seem to me that adding support for
>it would be completely trivial.
>
>Am I right? If so, where should I look to find out how (I'm willing to
>do the work myself)?

Donate the card to the developers, and they'll help you.
;)

If I recall correctly, rtl8139-pcmcia/cardbus is supported in -current.

-Thorsten
--
Never argue with an idiot, luser or Administrator. They pull you down
to their level, then beat you with experience.	-- seen in d.a.s.r