UsePrivilegeSeparation yes on linux

I saw Theo's advice on enabling priv separation as a work around for the
bug in the sshd daemon. I remembered my checkpoint firewalls use
ssh...so I checked the configuration file looking for
"UsePrivilegeSeparation" so I could set it to yes. That option is not in
the config file.

Before I go future, I need to explain the system. The system is
checkpoint secureplatform2. Secureplatform is checkpoints cd that has
the OS and firewall preinstalled so the admin does not have to spent a
great deal of time installing the OS, hardening and then installing the
firewall modules. Anyway...its basically redhat 7.2 with the 2.4.x
kernel. Here is my configuration file:

[cpmodule]# expert
Enter expert password:

You are in expert mode now.

[Expert@cpmodule]# cd /etc/ssh
[Expert@cpmodule]# ls
moduli  ssh_host_dsa_key  ssh_host_dsa_key.pub  ssh_host_key
ssh_host_key.pub  ssh_host_rsa_key  ssh_host_rsa_key.pub  sshd_config

[Expert@cpmodule]# cat sshd_config | more
#       $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.48 2002/02/19 02:50:59 deraadt Exp $

# This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file.  See sshd(8)
# for more information.

# This sshd was compiled with PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

# The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with
# OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where
# possible, but leave them commented.  Uncommented options change a
# default value.

#Port 22
Protocol 2
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::

# HostKey for protocol version 1
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

# Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key
#KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
ServerKeyBits 1024

# Logging
#obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging
#SyslogFacility AUTH
SyslogFacility AUTHPRIV
#LogLevel INFO

# Authentication:

#LoginGraceTime 600
PermitRootLogin yes
StrictModes yes
#RSAAuthentication yes
#PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile     .ssh/authorized_keys

# rhosts authentication should not be used
#RhostsAuthentication no
# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts yes
# For this to work you will also need host keys in
/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts
#RhostsRSAAuthentication no
# similar for protocol version 2
#HostbasedAuthentication no
# Change to yes if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
# RhostsRSAAuthentication and HostbasedAuthentication
IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
#PasswordAuthentication yes
#PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Change to no to disable s/key passwords
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes

# Kerberos options
# KerberosAuthentication automatically enabled if keyfile exists
#KerberosAuthentication yes
#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
#KerberosTicketCleanup yes

# AFSTokenPassing automatically enabled if k_hasafs() is true
#AFSTokenPassing yes

# Kerberos TGT Passing only works with the AFS kaserver
#KerberosTgtPassing no

# Set this to 'yes' to enable PAM keyboard-interactive authentication
# Warning: enabling this may bypass the setting of
'PasswordAuthentication'
#PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt yes

#X11Forwarding no
X11Forwarding no
#X11DisplayOffset 10
#X11UseLocalhost yes
PrintMotd yes
#PrintLastLog yes
KeepAlive yes
#UseLogin no

#MaxStartups 10
# no default banner path
#Banner /etc/issue.net
#VerifyReverseMapping no

# override default of no subsystems
# Subsystem     sftp    /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server

I tried adding UsePrivilegeSeparation yes   under #Authenication ...i
added it as the last line. I rebooted and got the following error:

/etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 39: Bad configuration option:
UsePrivilegeSeparation yes

/etc/ssh/sshd_config: Terminating, bad configuration options

I notified ckp, and they are suppose to investigate however I cant wait
seeing how these are firewalls connected to the internet. My openbsd
machines went fine, but I cant seem to get this one working.

Thanks in advance