Re: cost of ownership & return on investment

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:44:13AM -0600, Roland Dominguez wrote:

> Long story short, we're in a budget crunch and will be
> fighting for dollars amongst ourselves.  So now I'd like
> to get some kind of figures for management to justify
> some newer servers for OpenBsd.

Not knowing your situation, I'd think *not* having to buy new servers
for OpenBSD would be a strong positive to management. (Unless you
really do need them)

If the current servers run WinNT/2K/whatever and are at the point
where they are not cutting it anymore, you may be suprised as what
a better OS on them will do.

Just my .02

--
Gordon Grieder                        Join us, get cracking!
www.grub.net                             www.distributed.net