I am stupid and forgot my root password. Now what?!?!
- Boot into single user mode, by booting your kernel with the
"-s" option. Eg: "bsd -s" on i386, "b bsd -s" or "boot bsd -s"
on SPARC, "boot -file bsd -flags s" on Alpha, etc..
- Fsck and mount the root filesystem, along with /usr if it's on
a separate partition. Eg: "fsck /", "mount /", and maybe
"fsck /usr", "mount /usr".
- "passwd" - and change it to something you remember.
- "exit" - to continue booting into multi-user mode.
- submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
We lame like no other primates.