How to stay up-to-date with Nouveau?

Hi!

I am happily using Nouveau from a while now and have always updated my
ports according to the following scheme:
  1. Update the system "as usual";
  2. Update and install drm from git;
  3. Update and install xf86-video-nouveau from git.

I have been doing this since I have patched my src tree (I continued to
update my system using subversion so the patches are still merged in
it).

However, I can see ports update for xf86-video-nouveau so I am wondering
if I could just continue to use drm and xf86-video-nouveau from the
ports instead of the ones in git? I think that patches in the system are
still required, are they?

Thank you!
Romain

--
Romain Tartière <romain_(_at_)_blogreen_(_dot_)_org>        http://romain.blogreen.org/
pgp: 8DAB A124 0DA4 7024 F82A  E748 D8E9 A33F FF56 FF43 (ID: 0xFF56FF43)