Re: Xorg crash with xf86-video-intel-2.7.0

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 17:48 +0200, Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> On 5/8/09, Robert Noland <rnoland_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> > On Intel, DRI2 requires UXA and the combination also means that it
> > requires GEM, which we don't have.
>
> From Xorg mailing list my assumption was that UXA should work
> without GEM but not without KMS.(just DRI1 here with EXA)

My reading of keithp's response was that it should work, but it just
can't.  libdrm using the fake buffer manager tries to use emit/wait irq
for fencing which expects to have the shared lock held.  In DRI2 there
is no shared lock.  I've tried removing the requirement to have the lock
held in drm, only to have X consume 100% cpu and wedge.  I think that
keithp's comment is misleading.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
FreeBSD