Re: Radeon 9250 DRM in 7.2-RELEASE

Robert Noland wrote:

Why is this drm2?  Is this a multicard setup?  Multicard doesn't work
right now.  If you aren't using more than one card, can you disable
whatever else drm is attaching to?

robert.

This is something funny I had to deal with initially. There is *no* drm0 or drm1 being probed. Consequently, there is only one entry in /dev/dri/, card2. As a result, Xorg doesn't even recognize card2 as a source for DRM (probably due to what you said). In the past, I have symlinked /dev/dri/card2 to /dev/dri/card0 and Xorg would work correctly, utilizing DRM.

I have an onboard Intel VGA device, but as far as I know it is disabled. I can double check, but as I've noted things have worked fine with the above tweak until upgrading to 7.2-RELEASE.

Thanks,