[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Radeon 9250 DRM in 7.2-RELEASE
- To: Robert Noland <rnoland_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: Radeon 9250 DRM in 7.2-RELEASE
- From: Steve Polyack <korvus_(_at_)_comcast_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 14:48:31 -0400
- Cc: freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
Robert Noland wrote:
Why is this drm2? Is this a multicard setup? Multicard doesn't work
right now. If you aren't using more than one card, can you disable
whatever else drm is attaching to?
This is something funny I had to deal with initially. There is *no*
drm0 or drm1 being probed. Consequently, there is only one entry in
/dev/dri/, card2. As a result, Xorg doesn't even recognize card2 as a
source for DRM (probably due to what you said). In the past, I have
symlinked /dev/dri/card2 to /dev/dri/card0 and Xorg would work
correctly, utilizing DRM.
I have an onboard Intel VGA device, but as far as I know it is
disabled. I can double check, but as I've noted things have worked fine
with the above tweak until upgrading to 7.2-RELEASE.
freebsd-x11_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-x11-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"