[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I knew I'd forgotten *something*...
- To: manchester_(_at_)_bsdgroups_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk
- Subject: I knew I'd forgotten *something*...
- From: Paul Robinson <paul_(_at_)_iconoplex_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:54:01 +0000
- Cc: freeBSD Users <freebsd-users_(_at_)_uk_(_dot_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>, freebsd-user-groups_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
Manchester BSD User Group - March Meeting
I'm late, I'm late for a very important date...
Apologies for not sending out the 1-week reminder, however life has
been well, *interesting*.
No worries though, because I actually remembered in the nick of time
that this very Tuesday (i.e. the day you're probably reading this
mail) is the first Tuesday of the month and therefore the monthly BSD
User Group meeting.
Primarily a social meeting, the Manchester BSD UG is a regular get
together of Unix geeks who drink, chat, argue, procrastinate, and
We normally congregate in a room of the Briton's Protection, Great
Bridgewater Street at about 7:30pm. People normally drift off before
10pm, but a few stragglers stay out late.
For those of you yearning for my usual dose of poetry, I'm afraid
this month you'll have to go without ("Huzzah!" I hear you cheer),
however you many wish to contemplate the following:
Reminder - UKUUG Spring Conference
Sam Smith has asked me to remind everybody about the conference we
should all be trundling along to in a couple of weeks at the
conference centre on the corner of what was the UMIST campus.
UKUUG's annual Large Installation Systems Administration (LISA)
conference will be held in Manchester from Monday 19th to Wednesday
21st March 2007.
This conference is a must-attend event for system and network
administrators. As well as the technical talks, the conference
provides a friendly environment for members to meet, learn, and enjoy
lively debate on a host of subjects.
With the major conference theme being virtualisation we include major
* Xensource by Ian Pratt and others
* Solaris Logical Domains & Zones by Sun
* Transitive Technologies
* An afternoon of Uses and Experiences of virtualisation & how it
solved contributors' problems
And talks on :
* Perl 6 by Jonathon Worthington
* System Configuration by Paul Anderson
* Svk by it's author Chia-Liang Kao
* Secure Filesystems with AFS
* FreeBSD by Poul Henning-Kamp & Robert Watson
The core of the conference being a full afternoon session on
virtualisation, focusing on experiences and direct benefits including
talks by users & developers of virtualisation tools.
The conference dinner, sponsored by Google will take place on the
Tuesday evening at Old Trafford. It's possible to grab a ticket for
the conf dinner even if you can't make the conference itself.
More details: http://www.ukuug.org/events/spring2007/
freebsd-user-groups_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-user-groups-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org