Re: USB printer problem (/dev/lpt0: Device busy.)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 03:26:02 -0200
m0f0x <el_(_dot_)_mofo_(_at_)_uol_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)_br> wrote:

> This week I got a HP LaserJet 1022 BW laser printer (USB connection).
> This printer is marked as "works perfectly" in LinuxPrinting.org
> (yes, I know, BSD differs from Linux).

Hint: if you don't get it to work with ulpt, perhaps you can get it to
work with HPLIP (http://www.freshports.org/print/hplip/)?
Your printer is on the supported list.

Under FreeBSD, HPLIP uses ugen instead of ulpt.
(You'll have to use a kernel without ulpt and (if your prinyter have
memoryc acdrs slots that uses umass) without umass).

I'm using HPLIP with a HP PhotoSmart 8250, and it was quite easy to set
up, and it works nicely. (Note: HP-SETUP didn't work for me, I had to
use the CUPS web interface to set up the printer)

Yes, it is inconvenient that I'll have to load umass manually when I
want to use a memory stick or suchlike, but I can live with that.

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,