Re: usb/103046: [patch] ulpt event driven I/O with select(2) and nonblock

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On Sunday 01 October 2006 22:37, Rob Mason wrote:
Hans,

You've just made a frustrated sysadmin very happy!  Your ulpt code works
perfectly with the HP1022 LasetJet (6-STABLE + CUPS 1.2 + foo2zjs
drivers).  Previously this printer would not work.  Now been carrying
out heavy duty printing for the past few days with no probs...

Is this ulpt code likely to make it into 6-STABLE any time soon???

Rgds

Rob

Most likely the code will hit 7-CURRENT after Christmas. I am not sure if it will get backported.

--HPS

That's a real shame - there must be hundreds of frustrated users out there with apparently non-supported USB printers. Personally I've seen a number of postings in various forums where users have hit this problem and have turned elsewhere (other OSes) for the solution. I'm ashamed to say that this issue forced me to use Ubuntu for Samba Print/File services over the past few months - and I only stumbled across your FBSD solution by accident!

I'm happy to carry out any ulpt testing you may require - just drop me a line...

Rob

This email has been scanned by the ClamAV opensource Anti-Virus scanner.