Help with build world - Can't mount root after bootin from /k ernel

> From: Jason Dictos <jason_(_dot_)_dictos_(_at_)_tapeware_(_dot_)_com>
> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:03:11 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
> Well,
> 	I am now confronted with this prompt:
> "Manual root filesystem specification:
> >From my old logs I can see that my boot device is ufs:/dev/twed0s1a
> However when I type that in here I get an error (and this probably has
> something to do with the error below):
> Mounting root from ufs:/dev/twed0s1a
> Root mount failed: 22
> Help??

We are missing some details...like the version you are trying to
install. Was it V4 or V5. And, if it was V5, were you updating from a
V5 system or a V4 system. If you were updating from a V4 system to a
newer V4 system, are you sure you got the tag right in your
supfile?(I'm guessing from the symptoms that you were going from V4 to
V5, but I can't be sure.)

In any case, it looks like a good time to boot the fixit disk. (This
is the second CD image from the standard distribution.
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman_(_at_)_es_(_dot_)_net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634

Visit your host, monkey.org