Re: problem with user trap handlers in -CURRENT

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 19:28 +0200, Michiel Boland wrote:
> Hi. First, I would like to point out that I'm not at all an expert on
> sparc64, so please excuse me if I express myself a bit awkwardly.
>
> Now the problem.
>
> As you may or may not know, -CURRENT on sparc64 is broken in the
> sense
> that you can no longer ssh into a box that has
>
>   UsePrivilegeSeparation yes
>
> in sshd_config.

I can't really address the rest of what you brought up in your message
(about trap alignment) but the above issue is (for now) fixed by the
import of gcc 4.2.1 and follow-on change of sys.mk to use -O2.
Experimenting a bit before I'd found sshd only seemed to mis-behave when
compiled with -O1 (-O and -O2 resulted in sshd's that were OK with
privilege separation turned on).  I haven't done the same experimenting
since the 4.2.1 import was done.

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_(_at_)_cse_(_dot_)_buffalo_(_dot_)_edu