Re: FreeBSD newbie w/Sun Blade 100

Greetings,

I've been given a Sun Blade 100 and was interested in installing FreeBSD. I have installed 5.4 on a Dell PC before but found that Xfree didn't support the graphics chipset on this particular box so I gave up. I have much more experience installing and using Solaris and while long, it's pretty much automated and relatively painless. Since my Blade is going on 6 years, I was wondering about the status of the Sparc64 version of FreeBSD and if it fully supports this model. I've got some friends who've loaded BSD on PCs and they swear by it so I'd love to get it to run on my Sun.

Thanks,

A. Alvarez