Re: NFS install writability on Netra t1 105

    nr> and started tftpd (on a different machine from the
    nr> rarpd server)

and that worked?  I thought the Sun ROM would always tftp from whoever
answered the rarp query.

    nr> and I was able to mount /dev/md0 after startup, but I can't
    nr> figure out how to get it to be used as a root device.

have you tried saying 'boot -a' at the ok prompt?  FreeBSD should
prompt you for the root device right before it starts init, so you can
type 'md0' at the prompt (the default would be hme0).