picoBSD

I started using the picobsd script as found in /usr/src/release/picobsd.

Very useful, but I found a few issues. While compiling telnetd, telnetd.c refers to Getstr() and getent(). I can not for the life of me find where those functions are defined. Obviously telnetd.c compiles on the normal BSD distrib (this is 6.1 BTW) so I do not know what I am missing.

Anyway, renaming these to tgetent() and tgetstr() passes the build step.

I also had to remove the reference to login_access.c from
/usr/src/release/picobsd/tinyware/login/Makefile

and add

#ifdef LOGIN_ACCESS
#undef LOGIN_ACCESS
#endif

at the top of
/usr/src/release/picobsd/tinyware/login/pico_login.c

Otherwise, some other modifications were required but those were just specific to the build I am making.

So, I hope the maintainer is reading this and will commit some fixes so this great useful script can stay in the FreeBSD tree for a long long time...

Regards,

bruno schwander