How do fix a good solution against spam..

On 2004-05-14 08:40 -0300, Fernando Schapachnik <fernando_(_at_)_mecon_(_dot_)_gov_(_dot_)_ar> wrote:
> As everybody is throwing in their favorite anti-spam solutions, here's mine:
>
> http://www.paganini.net/ask/
>
> From the home page:
>
> ASK takes advantage of the fact that most spammers use invalid or
> fake "From:" address in their messages. When a new message arrives
> and the sender is unknown, ASK sends a "confirmation message"
> back, informing the sender that the original message has been
> queued, pending confirmation. When the sender confirms (a simple
> reply), ASK delivers the original message and adds the sender to a
> "whitelist". Further messages from this sender will be immediately
> delivered.

(I apologize for posting this O/T message.)

Here's a well-thought-out argument against systems of this type:

Challenge-Response Anti-Spam Systems Considered Harmful
  http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    The best way to accelerate Windows
mailto:gsutter_(_at_)_zer0_(_dot_)_org              is at 9.8 m/s^2.