[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How do fix a good solution against spam..
- Subject: How do fix a good solution against spam..
- From: roberto at redix.it (roberto_(_at_)_redix_(_dot_)_it)
- Date: Thu May 13 14:48:52 2004
> Heya folks
> First of all, sorry if this isn't the correct list, but yet, I think spam
> is a kind of network attack and should be treated as a security issue..
> I run a working mail server using Postfix, MySQL, Courier-IMAP,
>SpamAssassin and ClamAV (amavisd-new)
> Jesper Wallin
> freebsd-security_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to
I'm trying to solve the spam problem on my email server too.
I'm glad to share my and your ideas on the topic.
At the moment I can suggest the following:
1) use Realtime Black List (see http://spamhaus.org for example);
2) use Sender Policy Framework (see http://spf.pobox.com);
3) accept email only after the sender had confirmed your reply;
4) use spamassasin;
N.B.: only 1,2 save your bandwidth as the SMTP transaction is blocked if
Any comments are welcome,
Visit your host, monkey.org