[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: anybody know about a 3.01 package *With* browser?
- To: Adam Vandemore <amvandemore_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: Re: anybody know about a 3.01 package *With* browser?
- From: Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:14:09 +0300
- Cc: FreeBSD Mailing List <freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=U5pISBV61R2fY5/j/sCXz6wK/AT6Mqn8gotaEMou6Gs=; b=I/vAQHCQ/xXsq5INkCIKE7VYLwZLSj3pIGNI64gAGy1dThcxn6mKQh0JpG1JKqPYn6 FkBKyu776GIhlLm1V1OsNIpFFyE2wdqofa5fn5V/WoVv5XL6d1T+JaHsQI4W+hT18gNL frIPMNn/JQBkQeY9EgcZD43yRC2lPyGghFKiA=
Adam Vandemore wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 12:02:07AM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:
>>> Tim Judd writes:
>>>> I don't understand the "months/years" or "weeks/days" symptom of OOo.
>>>> On my dual-core system at work, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
>>>> 6600 @
>>>> Took about 4 hours. It only seemed to utilize only 1 CPU... my
>>>> top always said <=50% CPU usage
>>> For comparison: on a P4/2.26ghz/2 gbyte RAM, lightly loaded
>>> with fairly fast SCSI disks, it takes 30+ hours.
>>> Robert Huff
>> Sorry if this is getting old.... .
>> I'm running two desktops, one 2.8GHz, this one 2.4. Both with
>> "only" 1G ram. I useemy hardware pretty intensively, not lightly
>> loaded, and building a full-blown OO takes at least three days.
>> ---This is when I've got plenty of space. With fewer than 5G
>> disk, forget it. That's why I want my next computer to be not
>> only powerful but with diskspace to burn.
> just got done compiling ooo3 devel on 1.4 gz pentium-m. I think it
> took less than a day, 512 ram, nothing else running.
My tinderbox machine (see ports-mgmt/tinderbox and
http://tinderbox.marcuscom.com/README.html) builds this in 8 hours
(assuming the distfiles are already available locally). It is a modest
2.5Ghz P4 with 2G RAM and plenty of disk space. I am also using ccache.
I would be glad to make these packages available somewhere (this machine
is constantly building packages anyway), but I don't have this kind of
space available anywhere. If people care enough though, I could probably
create a torrent.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org