messagebus user

We just upgraded to a new server (FreeBSD 7.0) and in our passwd file is the user "messagebus" (there's also a group).

What's this for and can the UID be changed? It's got the same number as one of our oldest users and we're trying to determine which UID would be easier to switch.

While this obviously has something to do with D-BUS (whatever that is), it's nothing we installed "on purpose". If it's not a part of the default system, it probably got bundled in as a dependency during an large port make.

Any suggestions?

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator
jef_(_at_)_math_(_dot_)_miami_(_dot_)_edu