photo management

Hi,

I have accumulated around 3000 pictures on my disk over a decade and
have been looking for a good tool for managing them on FreeBSD. Picasa
apparently does a fairly good job on Windows and I have happily used
F-Spot on Linux. But F-Spot doesn't work very well for me on FreeBSD
(please see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/f-spot-list/2008-July/msg00031.html).

I wonder what photo management tools or techniques people on this list
use. Some recommendations will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com