OT: most "universal" file system for 1TB external USB2 hard drive

I couldn't help myself.  During lunch, I found a 3.5" 1TB SATA internal HD
**and** a USB2 HD enclosure for SATA drives on sale at large % discounts.
It was more than I could resist.

The operating systems in my home include FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS X and
Windows XP Pro.  If I want all of these systems to be able to read and write
to the drive, what file system should I use?  I know fat32 is pretty
universal, but is it advisable?

Thanks,

Andrew