[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "undefined symbol" error from .so file after portupgrade
- To: stevefranks_(_at_)_ieee_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: "undefined symbol" error from .so file after portupgrade
- From: "illoai_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com" <illoai_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:23:13 -0500
- Cc: FreeBSD Mailing List <freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=b/iHZM7AJfNvlRYN7id5uAID8neX10J2WfodUNBs+8I=; b=J94C6BZToDqbMQplRGGA9DjYpk+LD71VqAjwEUa6zPfvMALpQ6zQocwuv+Ks0StTc+ yo6QO7f3P8UWtcEmK7E0eMB/qxSCYA4BPZNSEtm6qmPgxsYGGq7YwEf2Pvr5FpiWo5xQ +yn3YSI7afACut9pmb0ohNEA2md5olit4Dc/U=
2008/8/18 Steve Franks <stevefranks_(_at_)_ieee_(_dot_)_org>:
> I just finished a successful of portupgrade -a, so everything's
> supposed to be the latest & greatest, right? Why would I be
> experiencing "dll hell" then? These are not obscure ports...
> I get the following when I import gtk in python:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gconf.so: Undefined
> symbol "g_assertion_message_expr"
> My versions:
When you issued portupgrade -a, you upgraded something
that python depends upon (or something that python
depends upon depends upon) without recompiling the
dependancies (in this case python(?)). Find out what
you upgraded that broke python and issue:
portupgrade -fr <whatever-it-is>
In general, when running portupgrade, I have found it
to be a good idea to manually audit the packages to
be upgraded for their general state of root-, trunk-,
branch-, leaf-iness and issue several runs of
portupgrade -fr <something>
Not quite as fire&fail as portupgrade -a, but much less
time-consuming than portupgrade -af.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org