[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Auto Mount USB
- To: Brian Miller <bmiller_(_at_)_lablaw_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: Auto Mount USB
- From: Kevin Kinsey <kdk_(_at_)_daleco_(_dot_)_biz>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:59:48 -0500
- Cc: Bill Moran <wmoran_(_at_)_potentialtech_(_dot_)_com>, freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
Brian Miller wrote:
I started looking at amd and it is just what I need but it doesn't
appear to be available? From what I have read it should be part of
FreeBSD? I see that I can download a tar from www.am-utils.org should I
do that or is there a "Package" available for it? Is there something
similar to "YUM" for FreeBSD?
It's part of the base system:
 Mon 18.Aug.2008 14:52:41
# which amd
 Mon 18.Aug.2008 14:53:05
# whereis amd
amd: /usr/sbin/amd /usr/share/man/man8/amd.8.gz /usr/src/usr.sbin/amd
... and, according to the manpage, has been since before FreeBSD
existed. CVS seems to concur, with the initial revision of amd.c
being committed by rgrimes@ on May 26, 1994.
Try to get all of your posthumous medals in advance.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"