[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: desktop wireless card
- To: James Harrison <jamesh_(_at_)_lanl_(_dot_)_gov>
- Subject: Re: desktop wireless card
- From: Boris Kochergin <spawk_(_at_)_acm_(_dot_)_poly_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 17:03:19 -0400
- Cc: ipfreak_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com, freebsd general questions <freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
James Harrison wrote:
I'm not certain that everything Linksys puts out has FreeBSD-supported
hardware inside. I have a bunch of TRENDnet TEW-443PI and Netgear WG311T
cards that work well. They use the ath(4) driver.
I use whatever was the cheapest linksys wireless G card I could find;
plugs in to PCI slot and works wonderfully.
Could anyone recommend a desktop wireless card for freebsd 6.2? Just
moved in new place and only wireless in the house.
Thanks in advance
freebsd-current_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to
As a general statement, I'm pretty sure that anything with an Atheros
chip inside (a fact often advertised on boxes of the products) that
doesn't support any incarnation of 802.11n will work with said driver.
http://atheros.rapla.net/ has more details.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org