Re: Mac RDP (Was: apple mac laptop)

On Aug 13, 2008, at 5:06 AM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

John Almberg ha scritto:

I don't think it's far OT, either, since IMHO, Mac desktops and FreeBSD servers are the perfect, practical combination for many organizations, including my own.

Since there seem to be a lot of expert here...
Does anybody know of a FreeBSD client that can connect to a Mac OS X
(not server) remote desktop?

Last time I tried rdesktop it did not work.

I don't run GUIs on my FreeBSD servers, so I've never had to do anything like this. In fact, I would do it the other way around, if I had to... run the virtual desktop on the Mac, and log into the FreeBSD server.

Not that I actually run X on the server. I just SSH into the box, or use a virtual console connection, in case I can't SSH into the box (not that that has ever happened...)

-- John