named file missing

I build a 7.0 system from the CD and then updated it via cvs. The file make-localhost (among) others is not in /etc/named.

So make sure I did not muck up mergemaster I did the following:

  mkdir /var/tmp/root
  cd /usr/src/etc
  make DESTDIR=/var/tmp/root distrib-dirs distribution

and checked /var/tmp/root/var/named/etc/namedb.

I assume this is my problem but can not see what to do about it. Thanks for any help