[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Switching to IPv6?
- To: FreeBSD Questions <ml_(_dot_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_questions_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: Re: Switching to IPv6?
- From: Byung-Hee HWANG <bh_(_at_)_izb_(_dot_)_knu_(_dot_)_ac_(_dot_)_kr>
- Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 05:57:16 +0900
- Cc: FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Comment: DKIM? See http://www.google.com/search?btnI&q=RFC+4871
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed; d=izb.knu.ac.kr; h= subject:from:reply-to:to:cc:in-reply-to:references:content-type: date:message-id:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; q= dns/txt; s=s1024; bh=rqHpzZI8WCoTJiXtdXqmYIBIymNZ84Kv2KMC44m8x1I =; b=GzglbMGtP9Voa3agstJXTm41XNaOAYQawxodmBb1gXyakAk2Ms+awDTXKKk HfsODq1LVokz6I9BNWkICTHvtK2q2lKQSGPU7yO1b/m8YIWALdbDs8XJrQVYSdw9 O36nD8jc8QOARakvkFVodBNwSK+cH3So9PARg1J5qJuEpQkE=
- Organization: InZealBomb
- Reply-to: bh_(_at_)_dj_(_dot_)_izb_(_dot_)_knu_(_dot_)_ac_(_dot_)_kr
On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 13:05 -0400, FreeBSD Questions wrote:
> I've been considering switching my home network to IPv6. I have a
> computer acting as a firewall sitting between my ISP and my three LANs
> at home. Of course, my DSL provider gives me an IPv4 address, and
> everything I want to access on the Internet is on an IPv4 network.
> The whole point is to learn to set up IPv6, to play with IPv6, and to
> become familiar with it, so when the day comes that the world actually
> uses IPv6 (ha ha) I'm ready, armed with knowledge.
> But the whole idea will go to pot if my firewall can't let my IPv6
> networks access my IPv4 Internet connection. Does FreeBSD 7 provide
> such facilities as to allow access to an IPv4 network from an IPv6
> network? What will my Vista, XP, and FreeBSD clients do if they only
> have an IPv6 address and I try to go to google.com or freebsd.org
> which are on IPv4 networks?
i would like to recommend that you visit at http://ipv6.he.net/ ;;
that's simple if you wish to get both ipv6 and ipv4 ;;
"Old friend, I have no such powers. If I did I would be more merciful than
God, believe me."
-- Vito Corleone, "Chapter 1", page 47
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org